Angelman Syndrome Foundation's News Room is an aggregation of several sources. We will post exciting announcements pertaining to ASF in addition to news about Angelman syndrome from within our community and from external media sources. See a story you think we should share? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the information. Thank you!
- Caring for son is top priority for former A's great Dave Henderson
The Loma Prieta earthquake during warm-ups for Game 3 of the 1989 World Series wasn't the most earth-shaking moment in former Oakland A's centerfielder Dave Henderson's life. Instead, it was the diagnosis of Angelman syndrome his son, Chase, received in 1987.
- AMC Hosts Sensory-Friendly Films in Partnership with Autism Society
AMC Theaters sensory-friendly films to families affected by autism and related disorders, such as Angelman syndrome, on a monthly basis to select communities.
- AS research at Baylor University Seeking Viable Treatment Makes Significant Progress
Angelman Syndrome Foundation-Funded Research at Baylor University Further Uncovers Potential Treatment for Angelman Syndrome
- ASF Announces New Directors to Board of Directors
Timothy Bousum and Justin Grill, both parents of individuals with Angelman syndrome, have been elected to serve on the ASF Board of Directors.
- ASF Announces New Directors and Officers to Board of Directors
Two successful businesswomen and mothers of individuals with Angelman syndrome join ASF’s Board of Directors