My name is Quinn Pruitt and I am 11 years old. Since 2017, I have been raising money to find a cure for my twin sister Emma who has Angelman syndrome and all the other angels.
My cocoa stand will be virtual in 2021. Join me in holding a cocoa stand in honor of someone with AS this February.
Together we can find a cure for AS while spreading kindness!
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
- 1965 – Dr. Harry Angelman first identifies Angelman syndrome
- 1997 – The cause of Angelman syndrome, a missing or improperly functioning UBE3A gene on Chromosome 15, is discovered
- 2007 – Angelman syndrome is cured in lab mice
- October 2012 – Emma diagnosed with Angelman syndrome and THERE ARE NO COMPANIES WITH DRUGS / THERAPEUTICS FOR AS
- 2017 – First Angelman syndrome therapeutic enters clinical testing on adolescents
- Today, there are more than 21 drug companies (from start-ups to established) focused on delivering a therapeutic / cure for Angelman syndrome. Scientists believe that a cure for Angelman syndrome will lead to significant breakthroughs for more well-known disorders like Autism, ALS and Parkinson’s.