Brain Imaging Study
University of North Carolina School of Medicine
The goal of the study is to gather information about how the brain is affected in AS, and potentially provide clues to identify therapeutic targets for interventions.
Families will be compensated $150 for participating and reimbursed for travel related expenses.
In order to participate, your child must meet the following criteria:
- Age of child with AS is up to 5 years old
- Deletion positive diagnosis
What does participation involve?
- Family must travel to UNC for an initial visit and another visit 2 years later.
- Participants will receive behavioral and cognitive assessments
- Child will undergo sedation for an MRI scan of the brain
What is MRI?
MRI (or Magnetic Resonance Imaging) is a medical technology used to view the inside of the body without using X-rays or radiation. MRI can produce detailed 3D images of the brain, which is safe and painless.
Have questions or want to enroll your child?
To enroll or get more information, contact Shannon Sweeney at email@example.com or 919-843-1331.
The Angelman Syndrome Foundation does not endorse any clinical trial or study, but provides information to the AS community for its own consideration.