Research Proposal Submissions
The Angelman Syndrome Foundation accepts research proposals on a continual basis, with submission deadlines for subsequent review occurring annually on October 15 and April 15.
One- or two-year grants are awarded for various amounts of up to $100,000 per year.
Having trouble downloading the form? Open this page in a different browser or an incognito window.
Current Research Priorities
The ASF Scientific Advisory Committee identified the following areas of unmet need in AS research. Priority will be given to the following topics:
- Projects studying or correcting the heterozygous effect of non-UBE3A genes in deletion.
- Projects studying the potential results of increasing UBE3A after therapies or for some subtypes of AS.
- Projects studying delivery of therapies and potential for improvement.
- Symptomatic therapies that impact the daily life of people with Angelman syndrome and their families.
Proposals that do not address these topics are still welcome and will be given full consideration.
Instructions for Submission
All proposals, including cover letters, should be submitted in one .pdf file using the ASF Grant Submission Form.
If you experience a problem downloading the form, open this page in a different browser or an incognito window.
Questions should be directed to ASF Scientific Advisory Chair at: email@example.com.
Name of Proposal File
The file name of the pdf should be:
PI’s last name_MM_20XX_Gen_RFP.pdf
Details to Include in Proposal
- Cover page including title of proposal and name of principal investigator
- One-page summary abstract of proposed research
- Proposal, including hypothesis, background, research plan, and significance of the proposed research; page limits indicated within application
- Curriculum vitae of the applicant
- One-page detailed budget. Indirect costs of up to 10% will be allowed (to be included in the total budget amount not to exceed $100,000 per year)
- Proposals involving human or animal subjects must be approved by institutional review boards before funding is released. Please include approval with proposal if possible.
Submit Proposal Via Email
Attach your proposal to an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line to read:
ASF MM_20XX General RFP Submission
(e.g., ASF 10_2021 General RFP Submission)