Applicants receive a response by the end of May and November, respectively.
Scroll down for information & tips about the application.
The ASF Family Fund was created to provide financial assistance to families supporting individuals with Angelman syndrome. Family members can apply for funds that are needed to improve the quality of life for an individual with Angelman syndrome.
About the Application
- Be specific. If you are applying for an adaptive bike, provide as much information as possible about the exact item you want. For example, the cost, manufacturer and model, link to the item on a website.
- Be patient. You will receive a response about your application toward the end of the next month. So, if you apply in April, you will hear by the end of May.
- Apply for one item. An application should be completed for one item. Please do not include a list of items. This will slow the application process and your approval.
Before You Apply
The ASF Family Fund application exists as a secure online form. Please review the following sections that list eligibility requirements, funding limitations and information that will be requested.
Eligibility for Funding
Following are the requirements to be eligible for funding.
- Applicant must be a caregiver (legal guardian, primary caregiver, etc) for an individual diagnosed with Angelman syndrome.
- Applicant must not have received a grant from the ASF Family Fund within the past three (3) years.
- Request must impact an individual with Angelman syndrome.
Limitations for Funding
Following are limitations and conditions for funding.
- Individual recipients for prosthetic appliances, wheelchairs, beds or other forms of physical or educational assistance; necessary travel reimbursements for clinic travel; or other needs that prove to be worthy of funding, provided there are no other funds, public or private, available for the needs of such individuals.
- Each grant must be made for a charitable purpose as described in sections 180(c) and 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- If you have received an ASF Family Fund grant previously, you can resubmit an application once every three (3) years.
- The total requested amount for funding may not be met, but will fund up to $5,000 per grant award.
- Funds will be disbursed per request. Note: Some grants may be funded by reimbursement.
- Only one proposal may be submitted at a time. If a grant is not awarded, applicants may reapply during the next ASF Family Fund grant cycle.
Required and Optional Information
Please note that the following will be requested with the application:
- Your application must show evidence of impact and need: The need for funding is clearly defined and proof that the ASF Family Fund grant would significantly impact the individual diagnosed with Angelman syndrome.
- Evidence the beneficiary is a person diagnosed with Angelman syndrome.
- Sources of other funding, either received or sought, should also be listed.
- Individuals need not seek the sponsorship or endorsement of any public or private entity before applying for grants from the ASF Family Fund, but may be asked to apply for additional support in conjunction with a grant approval.
- Evidence of cost is required for each request.
Applicants may submit their grant application with any additional information the applicant believes appropriate.
Any deviation from the use of funds as authorized in the grant reward, without prior written authorization of the Angelman Syndrome Foundation, will result in permanent disqualification from any future grant award by the ASF Family Fund.