Potential resources that could be funded in part or in whole:
- Cost of travel to an ASF Angelman Syndrome Clinic closest to your home.
- Safety support items (safety bed, stroller, etc).
- Communication devices.
- Adaptive play items (adaptive bike, etc).
Before You Apply
The ASF Family Fund application exists as a secure online form. Please review the following sections that list eligibility requirements, funding limitations and general tips to keep in mind for your application.
Eligibility for Funding
Following are the requirements to be eligible for funding.
- Applicant must be a caregiver (legal guardian, primary caregiver, etc) for an individual diagnosed with Angelman Syndrome.
- Applicant must not have received dollars from the ASF Family Fund within the past three (3) years.
- Request must impact an individual with Angelman Syndrome.
Limitations for Funding
Following are limitations and conditions for funding.
- Individual recipients for prosthetic appliances, wheelchairs, beds or other forms of physical or educational assistance; necessary travel reimbursements for clinic travel; or other needs that prove to be worthy of funding, provided there are no other funds, public or private, available for the needs of such individuals.
- Each grant must be made for a charitable purpose as described in sections 180(c) and 501(c)3 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- If you have received an ASF Family Fund grant previously, you can resubmit an application once every three (3) years.
- The total requested amount for funding may not be met, but will fund up to $5,000 per grant award.
- Funds will be disbursed per request. Note: Some grants may be funded by reimbursement.
- Only one proposal may be submitted at a time. If a grant is not awarded, applicants may reapply during the next ASF Family Fund grant cycle.
Required and Optional Information
In order to be considered for a grant, your application must show evidence of impact and need: The need for funding is clearly defined and proof that the ASF Family Fund grant would significantly impact the individual diagnosed with Angelman syndrome.
Please note that the following must be included with the application:
- Evidence the beneficiary is a person diagnosed with Angelman syndrome.
- Sources of other funding, either received or sought, should also be listed.
- Individuals need not seek the sponsorship or endorsement of any public or private entity before applying for grants from the ASF Family Fund, but may be asked to apply for additional support in conjunction with a grant approval.
- Two (2) estimates are required for each request.
Applicants may submit their Grant Application with any additional information the applicant believes appropriate.
Any deviation from the use of funds as authorized in the grant reward, without prior written authorization of the Angelman Syndrome Foundation, will result in permanent disqualification from any future grant award by the ASF Family Fund.